We inform you that the information session on the Erasmus+ program will be held on December 12th from 13:40 to 16:00 h in lecture hall XI. in the New Building. The information session will be held jointly by the Corvinus International Office and the Tempus Public Foundation.
The aim of the information session is to provide students with information on the expected changes in the Erasmus program and the university level application procedure. For information on the Faculty level procedure, requirements and deadlines, please contact Mrs. Dora Nagy Szakonyi in room E.1.154.
Please note that the information session will be held in Hungarian, however, Ms. Anna Orosz in the International Office (Erasmus program coordinator, E.2.205) and Mrs. Dora Nagy Szakonyi can provide students with information in English, as well.
Best regards, ISP Office
On November 19th the EU Parliement approved the Erasmus+ program, the new EU programme for education, training, youth and sport, for the 2014-2020 period with a budget of 14.5 billion euro.
In keeping with this, we suggest that if you are planning to spend a semester studying at another university, you do the following:
1) Check the following regularly: erasmus.uni-corvinus.hu, e-mails sent to you centrally via Neptun, e-mails sent to you by your program coordinators, and last but not least, the continuously updated list of Corvinus's partner universities (corvinus.mobilitymanager.hu/intezmenyek/). This list is by far not finalized as the Erasmus student mobility contracts are now in the process of being signed for the 2014-2020 period, so it is worthwhile to check it from time to time.
2) An information session on the Erasmus+ and on exchange mobility is expected to be held in early December. We will inform you of the exact time and venue as soon as it is made available. The information session will be in Hungarian, however, the staff members of the International Office of the university (E.2.205) and the Erasmus Office of the Faculty of Business Administration will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with relevant information if you do not speak/understand Hungarian.
3) Check the course offer of the universities you are potentially interested in to make sure that the courses you need to or would like to take are available in English. It is worthwhile to choose at least 2-3 possibilities, but be sure to rank them in keeping with your wishes and possibilities. You may opt first and foremost for a European university, but if your family's financial status allows this, don't forget that Corvinus and FBA have numerous partner universities outside of the EEA, as well.
4) Find out what sort of papers/documents you will be expected to submit and start putting these together. (Please remember to double check this once you receive e-mail notification about the information session and the deadline for applications.
5) We warmly recommend that you check with your program coordinator regarding the courses you plan to take abroad.
Dear Alumni, Dear Students, Dear Friends,
We are pleased to inform you that Prof. Zita Zoltay Paprika, Program Director of the International Study Programs since April, 2007 has been officially appointed as the new Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration from January 1st, 2014.
For information on how to buy the e-book version and Connect Code for the textbook being used in the Microeconomics and Macroeconomics classes this academic year, please check out the pdf file below:
Micro-Macro textbook and Connect Code - Details for buying and registering
The mandate of the current Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration will end at the end of October. A Call for Applications was launched. A total of four applications were submitted and evaluated by a committee of 7 academic experts. For those who are interested, the full text of the evaluation is available for Corvinus citizens at the following website (you will have to log in with your Cusman ID and password): http://gazdalkodastudomany.uni-corvinus.hu/index.php?id=8949
ORIENTATION DAY - September 5, 2013
GETTING ACQUAINTED WITH CLASSMATES AND PROFESSORS
As of September 1, 2013, the following request forms can be filled in and submitted electronically from your Neptun page.
Request for the refunding of a mistakenly paid fee
Request for taking clashing courses
Request for reduced curriculum
Request for Rector's Equity
Request for permission to take take a course outside of the programme curriculum
Request for permission to exceed 45 credits
Request for Dean's Equity
Registration of a complaint
To access click here
We hereby inform you that due to a change in the Study and Exam Regulations of Corvinus, students are now allowed to register for up to a maximum of 45 credits.
Written permission from the Vice-Deans for Academic Affairs is required ONLY if you would like to register for more than 45 credits.
Welcome and information letter for BA in International Business first year (freshman) students - 2013 fall
Information on payment and request forms for all students who started their studies in or after September 2012
IMPORTANT - CHANGE IN CORVINUS'S BANK ACCOUNT FOR PAYMENT OF STUDENT FEES
From July 10, 2013, all payments made by students must be made to the university's NEW joint bank account (for students' fees):
Bank account name: NEPTUN GYŰJTŐ SZÁMLA
Bank account holder: Budapesti Corvinus Egyetem
Bank's name: Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
Bank's address: 1139 Budapest, Váci út 71.
Bank account number: 10032000-00282857-01120008
IBAN number: HU93 1003 2000 0028 2857 0112 0008
SWIFT (BIC) code: MANEHUHB
Under "comments" PLEASE ADD: NK-Neptun code your name (e.g.: NK-WWIXF2 Williamson Andrew)
All payments to the above account must be made from an identifiable bank account via bank transfer. All other forms of payment (postal check, cash payment, VIBER transfer) will be refused.
Any disadvantage or problem arising from not making the payment in the proper form and to the given bank account number will be the responsibility of the student.
In order to be able to identify the individual payments it is necessary that the "comments" section be filled in precisely! The first character in the "Comments" section cannot be an empty space! The first three characters should be “NK-„ followed directly (without any empty spaces!) by the student's Neptun code (please DO NOT mix the '0' and the 'O'!) then an empty space and the student's family (last) name and the student's given (first) name.
NK-WV0FI1 Brown Richard
ANY PAYMENTS THAT CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED WILL BE RETURNED!
Important: the 4 hour transfer limit in effect for daytime transfers in Hungary is not applicable for payments made to the joint account. The amount will appear in the students’ joint account minimum 1 (but possibly only 2 or 3 days after the actual date of transfer). Please keep this in mind at all times, but especially during the exam periods!
As until now, it will be the student’s responsibility to pay any outstanding fees in Neptun once the amount transferred has arrived to the joint account.
Cornell Online Certificate programme at the Corvinus University of Budapest
· Maximize your chances for international career success
· Complement your diploma by a certificate in hospitaliy administration
· Learn from the world leader university in hospitality education
· Launch date: fall semester 2013
- Apply now!
Learn about the program here
Cornell University is one of the best eight universities in the USA, and Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in the field of tourism and hospitality education. The management and the professors of the school are shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research and industry advancement. www.hotelschool.cornell.edu
About Cornell School of Hotel Administration.
Influential Hotelies, alumni and contributors of the school:
In order to facilitate students career after graduation with international best-practice and know-how of hospitality management, Corvinus University of Budapest has initiated a partnership with Cornell University, and as a result, offers the Cornell online certificate program in the following hospitality business areas:
Certificate in Hospitality Management Catalogue http://sha.ecornell.com/assets/PDFs/Individual/SHA/Hospitality-Management-SHAC13.pdf
Certificate in Hospitality Marketing Catalogue http://sha.ecornell.com/assets/PDFs/Individual/SHA/Hospitality-Marketing-Certificate-SHAC18.pdf
Certificate in Hotel Revenue Management Catalogue http://sha.ecornell.com/assets/PDFs/Individual/SHA/Hotel-Revenue-Management-SHAC4.pdf
Who can apply?
We recommend the online certificate program to Corvinus master students and bachelor students in their final year who are interested in broadening their management knowledge in the field of hotel and hospitality field and maximize their chances on the labour market. The programme is also open for professors and alumni of Corvinus University of Budapest. Strong English language skills is a requirement.
Download the Corvinus brochure about the program here
Download the presentation of the Corvinus information sessions here
Download the Application form here
Further information can be requested by e-mail: email@example.com
Learn more about eCornell here: http://www.ecornell.com/
Orientation Day 2012